Students FAQs

Got a question to ask about studying abroad? We’ve got the answers you need.

Learn more

Frequently Asked Questions

At MYiO, we are contracted and trained education agents and we help students study abroad around the world. We can provide advice, guidance and expertise to match programmes and courses with your education and work background. We will provide an initial consultation, discuss study options, gather your documents, submit applications, secure the offer, and then get your student visa to study abroad. We can also help book student accommodation.

We primarily send students to the UK but we also have partners across the world in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East and Europe. We continually grow our network and the partner destinations section will provide you with a list of our partners.

No. Students are not charged, the counselling service we offer is free. MYiO have commercial agreements with its partners and they cover the fees.

MYiO have commercial agreements with its partner institutions and this list grows annually. MYiO are contracted and trained to provide advice and guidance on its partner institutions and destinations.

MYiO specialise in offering student study abroad options across foundation (pathway) level, undergraduate, masters and research (PhD).

The typical documents we ask for are as follows:

· English language certificates (such as WAEC, NECO, KCSE, IELTS, Pearson etc).

· Degree / masters certificates.

· Degree / masters transcripts.

· Reference letter (work or academic related).

· Personal statement (should be at least 250 words).

· CV / resume (detailed work and education experience).

· Passport (copy of bio data page).

· Research proposal (for PhD applications only).

· Copies of any/all visas held or refused in the past.

This varies and will depend on many factors. Some partner institutions will make an offer within a couple of days whereas others will take up to 2 months. MYiO will always do its best to secure and turn around an offer of study as quickly as possible for every student.

MYiO will apply for the visa on our students behalf and meticulously go through the process to make sure the outcome is a success. The visa application support is part of the free service offered to all our students.

Most schools will offer a tuition fee discount to international students. Some schools will also offer specific scholarship that can be applied for and this might cover 25% / 50% or even 100% of the tuition fees.

In the UK, if you study a course that is 6 months or longer on a student visa you can work part time during your studies for up to 20 hours per week.

All schools have different refund policies and therefore this will vary per school. However, on most occasions it is possible to get your tuition deposit returned.

The main intakes in the UK are September/October and January/February entry, however, many schools also offer alternative intakes throughout the year in March / May / June / November and so on.

We are highly skilled and trained agents that will always offer you a completely independent assessment and be honest from the start with you about the options that are open to you depending on your academic background, career ambitions and financial affordability.

MYiO get a lot of referrals from current and past students and we would welcome the opportunity to support any friends and family looking to study abroad. Please direct them to the contact us or meet the team page for the different office locations and contact details.

Start Your Study Abroad Journey Today

From the initial consultation to stepping on that plane, MYiO is here to support you.